Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Ely, Year 3...Here I Come!

Total.Fail.

I’m a blogging disgrace...distracted by life so much so that I haven’t updated in months.  Obviously..In the grand scheme of things...my casual, non-money making blog isn’t really such a big deal. But it WAS one of the keys to my success back in 2011 when I started my journey. So hopefully I can get back into the habit of updating, because I could really use as much motivation as I can get

Over the last several years, A LOT has changed. A LOT has happened...as the case is for any human on the planet.

So.... how am I doing? I’m doing alright. I have not maintained the absolute low weight I was at, not have I maintained the mileage I could once do or the speed I once had.  But I’m stronger now, thanks to Orange Theory. I still do that. Also thanks to Orange Theory, I CAN go months without running outside and then pick back up pretty easily. That’s nice, and definitely wouldn’t be possible without OTF. Weight-wise, I’ve been fairly steady over the last year. I really do want to get back down a little, but it’s not my number one goal right now. (Yes it would be a bonus and I’d be damn thrilled if I lost a few, DUH).

My goal right now is to 1.) Finish the Ely half marathon this fall and 2.) Finish it faster than I have the last 2 years.

We shall see about number 2, but I am confident number 1 will be in the bag 🙃
Last week, I started getting up early to run or walk during the week. This week, I’m beginning my “plan” (which is essentially 3-4 miles, twice a week, plus a long run on the weekends. And continuing with OTF which is great for speed work, cross training, and adding variety).

So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment