Monday, May 23, 2011

Today's 5k

I am happy with today's run on the treadmill. I did 3.1 miles (so my 5k) in 37:43. Not too bad! Shaved 2 minutes and 16 seconds off of the last time I did 3.1 on my treadmill :-)
Never mind the calories in the pic. While I wish I burned that many, I am pretty sure treadmills are notoriously inaccurate when it comes to calories burned. But who knows.



So I am going to hope that, if you are reading a weight loss blog, you won't be grossed out to see me say: I LOVE sweating during a work out. If I don't pour sweat off, I feel like I wimped out. Today for example I had sweat down to the lower back of my shirt. It was dripping off my nose. THAT is the kind of workout that makes me happy. Makes me feel accomplished. I guess it is also helping me to lose weight. And to feel like I am starting to become a different person. Definitely a different person than who I was 10 years ago, that's for sure. I'm sure there are people who knew me in High School who would fall over laughing if you told them that I am running 3 miles at a time, or that I ran an 11 minute mile. Let's just say I was NOT Ms. athletic.

But now, who knows... if the 5k goes well and I keep losing weight like I want...I might go for a 10k sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment