Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Finding the time

My biggest struggle recently is finding the time (and yes, sometimes motivation) to get off my butt and exercise. It does help to log my calories and exercise on an iphone app. And it certainly will help now that I have a half marathon to train for. But between work, my husband's work (which extends into non-business hours sometimes), our 5 year old and 3 year old, and my school...well it gets hard! Especially considering we also have to find time for my hubby to work out, as he is doing the half marathon as well!

Then you add in little extras..like in May for my (3oth....) birthday we are going to Vegas for a long weekend. I am SO freaking excited...it is going to be a low key sort of trip...we plan to go to Hoover Dam, chill at the pool, see some sights, gamble occasionally, and just kind of hang out. It is only our 2nd trip together in the 13 years we have been together. But then I have to wonder, how the heck am I going to motivate myself during that trip? The hotel has a super nice gym of course, but do I really want to be in a hotel gym when I could be out and about people watching or sight seeing or going to shows or shopping etc? I don't know...it will be interesting. The good thing is that in Vegas one tends to do a lot of walking, so if nothing else there is at least that. I am a little exited to return to Vegas 45 lbs lighter than the last time, when I went with my mother in law and 2 sister in laws.

So yeah...I will have to figure out what to do about fitness during my vacation. Luckily it's short anyhow...but it would be nice to get in a run of some sort while I am there. Just once...I will be just a month away from my half marathon at that point!

1 comment:

  1. my best bet to make sure you get that workout in is to get up in the morning to do it. that might be harder with shows and stuff late at night, to get out of bed in the am, but then you still have the whole day to do what you want to do. most of the "excitement" happens in the evening there anyway right? :P ;)

    ReplyDelete