Monday, November 26, 2012

My inner fatty loves pie.

Thanksgiving has come and gone. I started out on the right foot by going for a 4.6 mile run on Thanksgiving morning, but it was all downhill from there...I ate too much and the quality was lacking. I didn't work out.
BIG FAT FAIL on my part!

And so yes, I gained. I am 3 lbs up from what I was last Monday. I was so NOT excited to see the scale today, but then again it's my own fault. I took a few minutes to be ticked off, sad, and disappointed. Then decided that it's just more motivation to get back on track this week.

I know that most of that is just water weight (bloating). Once I am eating like a human instead of an animal, some of that will automatically be taken care of. Working out (Zumba tonight, a nice run tomorrow) should help, as well. I will be back down by the end of the week, but the challenge will be trying to have a good weekend. I purposely let myself slack off on the weekends sometimes, because it's one way to keep myself sane during the week. But this weekend I need to work hard to stay on the wagon - sort of get back into a good solid routine after derailing so badly over Thanksgiving.

Last November-December, I gained 10-15 lbs. I got it back off (and then some), but I would rather not let that happen again. Time to kick my own ass!!!!!

How was your Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment