Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Slacker

Ok. I've been slacking. BIG TIME. I've done a couple of half marathons since the last time I blogged, and I will try to post separately about those soon. I also have a 5k coming up next week, my first and only 5k for 2014.

I'm still striving to lose a few pounds, as I gained a handful over last winter and was not able to get them back off this summer. However, I am not in a hurry and I'm not TOO concerned about it, as I have realized that my body is just in a "happy place' right now. In addition, I've realized that fitness is even more important to me than actual weight. The fact that I can run 13 miles at a time - well, THAT is way more important to me than trying to be "skinny". And showing my children what it means to stay fit, healthy, and to be determined.

So I am content with where I'm at. That's not to say I don't have goals, including for weight, but it's just not at the front of my mind all the time anymore.

Stay tuned. I will try to get this blog going again, and I actually have a few ideas for upcoming posts, even apart from my race recaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment