Thursday, March 10, 2016

Marathon Training: Weeks 2 & 3

That's a wrap on week 3 of training...unsurprisingly, I'm still alive given that these are the (comparatively) easy days. 

Week 2 brought an 8 mile long run, a day of cross training, and a 3, 3, 3. 

Week 3 started with another 8 mile long run, followed by cross training, 3, 4, 3. 

It's great-I haven't missed a day yet.  The one downfall is that my runs have all been on the track in the local sports dome, or on the treadmill. I'm ready to get outside more, and luckily it appears the weather may be changing to help support that desire.  Add upcoming daylight savings time and I'll be ready to rock the outdoors...

My legs are feeling strong and I feel healthy. Fingers crossed that the trend continues....

One last thing...how can I barely be getting started but already getting hungrier? Perhaps it's just my mind playing tricks on me, looking for excuses to stuff my face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment