Friday, March 25, 2016

Training and Vacation

This week, I'm on vacation. Vegas, Wednesday night until Sunday morning. Awesome, right?!! Well yes. I love Vegas. I'm not a huge gambler but do enjoy sitting at a slot machine for a short time and getting "free" drinks. I LOVE people watching. Checking out different places to eat, going to shows, sitting by the pool, seeing the sights, that kind of stuff. And...PALM TREES!! I absolutely adore palm trees. The weather in Vegas right now is great...70's...not too hot but plenty warm to feel lucky coming from Minesota in March (though we've had a pretty mild winter and some fantastic days lately, but still). 

With vacation comes a conundrum though...training! I'm missing/behind a couple of runs, so I'll have to adjust next week. I did get 10 miles in on Sunday (which were fantastic by the way, I felt like I was taking it easy, which I wanted....but yet my pace was still really great. It was just one of those runs where everything comes together). 

Add in the food and drinks of Vegas and...well, let's just say my first run back, an 8-miler I'm going to try and tabckle Monday...should be interesting.  I'll survive but it may take a few days to get back in the groove...and to filter out all the junk in my body!! The good thing is, I'm early on in training so I'm not too worried. As long as i pick right back up, and stay on track, I'll be fine.

I'll leave you with a couple of Vegas pics! 





No comments:

Post a Comment