Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I said I'd let you know about my weigh in...

And it appears I am stuck again. I wish I would consistently lose weight each week, even if it was like, a pound a week....but instead I go 3 or 4 weeks with losing nothing and then I lose 5 pounds in one week. Then another 3 or 4 weeks losing nothing, then I lose 3 pounds in one day. It is so strange! And sometimes frustrating, sometimes glorious. It is like a weight roller coaster. Right now I am on day 10 of a dip in the roller coaster I guess.

I know I shouldn't complain, but it is hard to not get bummed. I am always so close to that next little goal (right now, that goal is 35 lbs). And I am thisclose to fitting comfortably into a ton of pants that I dug out and haven't worn in 5 years. And most of all...I may have lost 33 lbs, but I have such a long ways still to go. I guess I am just impatient. I feel like, damn, lets get this show on the road all ready. I realize that these things don't happen overnight but I can't help it! I want to know what I can do better to make it go faster. It is a struggle I have discussed before....am I eating too much? Am I eating too little? Do I need more protein? Do I need more veggies?

I don't know, maybe I would benefit from going to visit a nutritionist. I have read that weight loss is 70 or 80 percent diet, and in that case it would do me well to learn more about what I should be doing rather than just guessing and sometimes getting lucky.

Quote of the day:
I wish I was a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum.
'Cos how can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out your bum!
~Author unknown

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking of seeing a nutritionist as I think it would really help me out. You are doing great, but I do understand the disappointment of the scale not moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one thing i know; the more you eat foods as grown, not processed, not animal procucts, the healthier. remember; milk and cheese is fat. the calcium and protein is added to it. its not there in good amounts to begin with, and not the right kinds of it either. there is 1 gram of protein in the average orange. im not saying cut out meat or dairy because thats freaking hard. but reducing it to almost nil isnt going to hurt you. lol. the only time i have milk is if its cooked in it or in my bowl of cereal. however, almond milk, rice milk and soy are all options (i listed them in order of my preference, soy milk is the least tasty, combined with the unknown of whether or not its safe ?) chocolate almond milk is delicious. :) start mixing it half and half with regular milk and increasing the replacement over time you wont notice the difference, you'll be drinking less so it costing more isnt going to hurt as much as you think. this is what we are in the middle of doing right now. its a process. LOL. im surprised how hard i find it.

    i like the nutritionist idea but there are so many ideas out there that are completely bogus. however, i have not gone to one so who am i to say. lol

    could it be that in the no-loss weeks you are gaining muscle? and then the muscle "works" and speeds up your metabolism and you drop the weight because of that? i mean chances are you are gaining muscle, and muscle flat out outweighs fat. so as you gain muscle, the weight loss isnt noticed until it starts "doing its job" of increasing metabolism, and makes the numbers drop. its not all about the number on the scale. its about the overall health. muscle weighs more and burns more calories, even at rest. right? something to think about.

    im so impatient that i give up earlier than the weight drops off. so be grateful you've gotten this far. LOL. and keep at it, its part of your routine of life now. dont concentrate on the scale. i dont know how often you are hopping on that thing, but daily might cause frustration, while less often can make you just work up to the weigh. i dont think the biggest loser competitors weigh every day, just that once a week. so they work hard up to that week, including the last chance workout. maybe that helps up the intensity?

    hmm. things ive heard/read recently: eat when you are hungry, and slowly, putting down your fork between bites. be willing to stop mid-meal if you feel full, and put food in the fridge. also putting food away right after dishing up a plate can help prevent seconds; if you are still really that hungry after a meal, try something else like an apple. but really you might be reluctant to make something else after you just made something you know?
    what else...
    i dunno. i probably sound bossy, but im just trying to help, and not only you, me too. just refreshing my memory to all the things i know and things i should do. so though it might seem like im trying to tell you what to do (please dont take it that way), im really telling myself what to do too. LOL

    ReplyDelete