Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oops

My husband had some important appointments at the Mayo clinic the other day. That is a 4 hour drive, so it was a long day in the car and sitting between appointments. What do you do when you are on the go? You eat crap. Well at least, we do. So on Monday, my meals consisted of: McDonalds steak and egg burrito for breakfast, pizza for lunch, and chinese (buffet) for supper. With a Wendy's frosty and some peanut butter sandwich crackers thrown in there for good measure.

Wow. Can we say "Hello, sodium"!

Needless to say, I have felt bloated and icky ever since. Yesterday was better but I still broke down and gave into a craving for chips. It's like since I had an off day, I have to start almost back at square one. Because when I am really doing well, eating healthy.... I don't get those cravings as much. But give in one time, and BAM there they are.

So today starts me back on the health wagon 100%. I know that one day of awful eating didn't cause too much of an actual gain, but there is defintely water weight and to be honest, I don't even want to know. I know it's not good, I don't need the number on the scale to tell me that because I can FEEL it. I would rather just work really hard for the next several days, get back to where I feel normal again, and then weigh in to see what's up.

It hasn't heled that my schedule for August is different. Instead of working 6-2:30 5 days a week, I am working 6-4:30, 4 days a week and have Friday off. It is nice having Friday off, but really difficult to fit in a work out most days because I used to do it after work in the afternoon before I picked my kids up. Now I don't have that time, and my younger daughter takes forever to get to sleep so there really just isn't a chance for me to workout until after 9pm usually. I am actually thinking of getting up a bit earlier for this month so that I can do my workouts early in the morning. Even if it is just Tuesdays and Thursday for now, I need to do something!

No comments:

Post a Comment