Monday, October 24, 2011

Ugh :-(

So apparently I've completely lost my shit. I gained a couple of lbs :-( I knew this last week but am honestly embarrassed and sometimes even slightly confused. Anyhow, I am now working hard to get caught up and beyond. Hubby gave me some extra motivation by saying when I hit 60 lbs, I get a weekend away and when I come back, the house will be clean. Oh heck yeah! LET'S DO THIS!

So yesterday I kind of indulged a little, knowing that today is my day to get completely back on track. It also gave me a prime example of why I am sometimes confused about my weight gain: I ate way worse this weeeken than I did at any other time, by far, in the last couple of weeks. I didn't do any official working out all weekend. Yet, I LOST weight today? I'm not dumb, I know that the key to weight loss is not to eat cookies and ice cream and buffalo wild wings and UV Cherry Vodka mixed with Lemon Sour and huge helpings of lasagna. So...WHY did I lose weight after all that? Why do I feel like I am going to start gaining again when I go back to my weekly diet of salads and low fat yogurt and fruit and whole grains?

My only possible explanation is that I did start working out a little harder last week. Perhaps I started gaining muscle a little again, and some of my weight gain is related to that...and now it is starting to do it's job by increasing my metabolism so that is why I suddenly lost weight even when I really shouldn't have? I don't know. This weight loss stuff is so freaking hard and so frustrating at times.

All I know is that I want to and need to get this under control and going again. Being stalled is the worst, especially after so many months of success. It is really important to me to get healthier and fitter. It doesn't hurt to go down in sizes, either.

I will just keep hanging in there. I know that not giving up is key, and I'm not giving up. I just needed to vent I guess...and now I am off to pack a healthy lunch and snacks for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment