Thursday, December 22, 2011

I love you, but get the !@$# out of here.

This time of year is hard for a lot of people, diet wise. I am no exception. I love all of the Christmas goodies, but really...they need to get the hell out of my life. Like, yesterday.

Continuing on with the theme of my last post, I am being completely honest - I can't freaking say no to Christmas goodies. I promise myself I will avoid temptation, and then I go and eat it anyways. It is a constant struggle, and that is one reason that I will be glad when 2012 begins - no more Holiday goodies to call my name, mock me, tempt me.

On the positive side, I just got off the treadmill and managed a 9:48 mile. I followed up with some walking and jogging on an incline. 9:48 is my fastest mile yet, and it's the first time I've been below a 10 minute mile and still continued on with some form of working out instead of just stopping. I am proud of this, and it helps me to know that despite my ever-stuck weight, I am still increasing my fitness level. Thanks to jogging, running, and my trusty treadmill. Although it is true, I foresee myself transitioning to more outdoor running next summer because I really liked that when I finally got myself out there on the lakewalk this fall.

In any case, I will just keep on keepin' on, and see where life takes me. See where I can take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment