Monday, June 4, 2012

Why yes, I CAN run a half marathon

Saturday was my final long run of training for the half marathon, which is now less than 2 weeks away. I completed 12 miles, without stopping, in 2 hours, 19 minutes, 1 second. (DAMN that second!). My average pace was 11:35, which I am happy with. My ultimate goal for this half marathon (other than to finish on 2 feet instead of all fours) is 2.5 hours. I am right there during training...SO close...it's going to be tight. We'll see.
All I know is that the last 1/2 mile was TOUGH. I was dragging for sure. I am not sure how much of that was physical and how much mental...definitely a mix of both.

Even if I don't make my time goal of 2.5 hours for the half, I need to remember to be happy with what I will have done. A half marathon! ME?! I just wish I could adequately express how completely nuts that seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment