Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Marathon

I was watching this show about marathons the other day. I kept crying. Because I want to do one! Just imagining how amazing, challenging, emotional it is. The extreme hard work and tons of time you put into training for this one day, ending in crossing that finish line and knowing you did something incredible! Then for me, add on top of that, I used to be 227 lbs. Heck, when I was 9 months pregnant with my first daughter, I probably weighed 260 (I just don't really count that since it was pregnancy weight). I used to be fat, have no energy, and no confidence. Now...I run half marathons. I know I will do a full some day.

Now is not the right time - I am in grad school for another couple of years, and I need time to concentrate on that because I have lots of homework and studying hours ahead of me. But when I'm out of grad school and settled into my career...You better believe I WILL run a full marathon. Most likely Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN. Even though it's at least a few years away, I can't wait :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment