Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sweat pink!

I applied, and was accepted, to be a Sweat Pink Ambassador through Fit Approach. Sweat Pink is a national movement to motivate, inspire, and encourage one another to live a positive, healthy lifestyle. As you can see, I immediately and proudly put my Sweat Pink Ambassador badge up on the blog. I am SUPER excited about this! Upon posting the news on my personal Facebook page, somebody said I should become a personal trainer. A second person promptly agreed.

BAHAHAHAHAA!

No...I am very passionate about health and fitness, but I don't think personal training would be for me. However, I do potentially have interest in becoming a certified running coach some day. It all depends on where life and my own journey take me, I guess.

Speaking of fitness - on tap for today's routine is 3-5 miles on the treadmill at the gym, followed by some time on the elliptical. And of course... exercising my right to vote :-) I hope everyone out there will also be voting. I will not share my political  views on this blog, but I DO have some very passionate opinions, particularly about a specific issue on the ballot in my state today.

Oh, and again back to sweating pink - I will be sweating pink this weekend, at the Diva Dash 5k! I signed up yesterday. After missing out on the Monster Dash 1/2 marathon because my daughter got sick, I was feeling pretty bummed and dying to do SOMETHING. A race, any race. The Diva Dash will be a perfect quick little race to satisfy my urge. Because it will likely be the last one I do in 2012, I am going to put in 100% effort. It is mostly uphill the whole time, and then a sharp downhill at the end. I haven't been training outdoors much, so I am not expecting any kind of PR (current 5k PR is 27:31), however I do want to get under 30 minutes. But no matter what, I think it will be a good time.

Stay tuned next week for results and race report :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment