Monday, March 11, 2013

Lifetime Fitness - FIT FAN!

I got a call from the Lifetime Fitness Corporate office last week, asking me to come to a MN Wild game as a "Fit Fan" which is just a thing they do as a part of their partnership with the MN Wild.

So on April 11th, I will be heading to the St. Paul Xcel Energy Center...they will record a little segment of me and about my weight loss/fitness journey (and of course how Lifetime is now helping me in my journey). That segment will be aired on the big screen in the arena at some point during the game. I assume they chose to contact me because of the positive feedback my story had on their blog awhile back. In fact, it is now one of the "Recommended Posts" that is listed off to the side of every page you view. (You can see my little feature on their blog HERE).

Anyhow...can we say HOLY CRAPBALLS?!?! This is an NHL game. And this crazy face is going to be up on the big screens in the arena, talking?!

I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared shitless. But I'm doing it anyhow, because I am not the person I used to be...somebody who let fear and self consciousness run their life. And I just keep telling myself, it's for a good cause. Because maybe, just maybe, somebody will see it and it will be one of the pushes they need to get themselves on the right track. Maybe they can change their life the way I've changed mine. I want people to see that no matter how hopeless it feels, it truly CAN be done. No, it's not easy...but anything that is worthwhile never is!

No comments:

Post a Comment