Friday, March 20, 2015

4 Years

It hit me the other day that I've had this blog for over FOUR years now. And I've been running for almost exactly 4 years as well. It does not seem like it has been that long. 

I can clearly remember the day I sat down at my computer and registered for this blog. And when I made my very first post (http://enoughofthefluff.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-day-one.html?m=0)...will link properly when I can edit from a computer).

I thought hard about what my goal weight should be and how many pounds I had to lose to get there. I set a target of losing 77 pounds, which would put me at a weight I hadn't been since I was probably 12 years old.  I has no clue what to expect in the event I actually made that target, since I had never been there as an adult. And I can't even describe how overwhelming, embarrasing and impossible that number felt...77 pounds. Ouch. But I figured what the hell, I'll give it a shot. Maybe this time can be different. 

And it was. I lost that 77 pounds, and 13 more. It took a long time...18 months roughly. I experienced plenty of plateaus, highs and lows. I would lose weight like crazy and then get stuck for weeks. But I never gave up. Instead, I kept at it and my determination only increased with time. That was definitely the biggest difference from my past attempts at losing weight. 

And now, 4 years later, here I am. Not only have I lost the weight, but maintained that loss which is a struggle all on it's own. Look back in my blog and you'll see it's no secret - I'm not a "natural athlete". And I'm prone to over-eating and binging. I love crappy food and sugar and carbs and salty snacks. But I have changed my lifestyle and I am confident I've found a healthy balance I can maintain! 

I'm so thankful to my 4-year-ago self for making the decision to change her life and having the balls to stick to it. 

If you're in the stage where you know you need/want to change, but you're feeling overwhelmed...just go for it already!  Be ready for challenges but know in the end, you'll be stronger for it - and you WILL thank yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment