Thursday, May 21, 2015

Focus

This morning, I found myself looking in the mirror feeling quite critical. And then I caught myself and quite literally thought "What the hell"? 

I mean really. What the hell was I thinking?! I spent most of my life overweight, and for awhile obese. My current size felt like an impossibility at one point in time. And I can now run half marathons. I can even do real push ups (okay, I'm only up to, like, 5....)

Yet there I was being critical of myself. Without even thinking, the focus fell to stretch marks and pooches. Of course this happens a lot and of course, I'm in the same boat as millions of other women who are entirely too critical of themselves on a daily basis.

I'm going to try to change the focus, and you should too. Try not to focus on pooches or stretch marks or scars or rolls or wrinkles. Focus on your strength, or your ability to run, or your awesome dance moves, or your crazy yoga pose abilities, or the fact that you carried birthed a human being. Focus on amazing things your body can do or has done! The human body is awesome. Your human body is awesome.

And it is awesome regardless of it's size, weight, or how lumpy or bumpy it may be.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete