Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016

Another year upon us...how did that happen?  It blows my mind to think that my journey began 5 years ago now.  To think that, at the time, I felt as though I would never get there.  Losing so much weight felt like an impossibility.  Luckily, something deep down in me decided to give it a shot anyhow.  18 months later I hit a 90 lb weight loss, and I've maintained it ever since (with the exception of 5-10 winter/holiday pounds each year...I know I'm not alone in that!!). 

This year will be a big one for me...training for, and hopefully completing my first full marathon. 26.2 miles that for 30 years of my life, I never imagined doing or even wanting to do. 26.2 miles that, for the last 3 years, I've been dying to do but holding off on while I was in grad school.  Now, I'm just a little more than a month from my official start of training.  Yep...I'm a little scared.  But I'm ready to prove myself to...myself.

Other goals for 2016, aside from training successfully and crossing the finish line of the marathon:

Get back into shape the next couple months leading into training...including getting stronger and shedding a few holiday  pounds.

Sub-25 minute 5k in August

Drink more water

Be more active as a family, with my husband and kids all together.  Bike rides, walks, jogs, tennis, swimming, running in the back yard.  Whatever...as long as it gets us moving, together. 

And finally....Update blog more frequently...HA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment