Saturday, October 17, 2015

A grand tradition

In 2011, I made a decision to lose weight.  To change.  To get healthy. I changed my lifestyle, my mindset and I changed my future!  As a part of that change, I took up running.  My first 5k was done in June 2011, the 5k that is a part of Grandma's Marathon weekend in Duluth, MN.  I finished in 38:48. I was spent.  Miserable and sore. And... I was hooked.  But even still, when someone teased that the following year I should do the half marathon, I cracked up.  Like...seriously? HA!!! Never going to happen, I said.

Fast forward to June 2012... And I did my first Half Marathon.  Again it was Grandma's in Duluth.  I've done 6 more since then, including Grandma's half repeats in 2013, 2014 and 2015.  I had marathon dreams, but juggling work, kids and both me and hubby in grad school meant a Marathon was just not feasible. 

But I'm done with grad school now.  And it's time to do what I've been wanting to do for so long.  Grandmas Marathon, 2016!

Here.

I.

Come!



No comments:

Post a Comment