Saturday, September 8, 2018

Fluff

I started this blog years ago as I began my weight loss journey. I’m still amazed to look back and read the early entries...it reminds me of where I started and how far I’ve come...even if I have had peaks and valleys along the way. (That’s life). The “Fluff” was originally referring to weight. Extra fat that was keeping me from feeling like I could be a good role model for my daughters. Keeping me from being able to keep up with them. Keeping me from being able to feel comfortable in my own skin. Keeping me from wanting to be in pictures. Keeping me from wanting to
go clothes shopping.

I won that battle (the war is ongoing). But over time, I’ve realizef the “Fluff” is more than than all that aforementioned stuff.

It’s being focused on what will keep me healthy, so I can be my best for my family. So I can be present. So I can have more patience and better responses for the very trying situations my pre-teen girls are running into. It goes so much deeper than I imagined 7 years ago when I started...I was a mom of very small little girls and I just had no idea what was coming. I probably have no idea what is coming yet šŸ˜‚

But I do know that eliminating as much fluff as possible means working on both physical AND mental barriers to being the very best mom I can be. Not perfect. Nobody is. But the best I can be, for my kids, where they are at.

It’s a struggle, but it will be made all that much easier if I keep battling the battles. The war? I’m not convinced that’s coming. Life is an endless series of battles...and weight loss, getting healthy and strong...that’s no exception for people like me who have to work their asses off in this particular area of life. Not that strong and healthy people don’t work hard...but some will gain nothing by looking at a piece of bread, some will gain 5 lbs when they look at that same piece of bread šŸ˜‚ I also get that everyone has their own struggles and there are folks who want or need to gain weight.

My point is...do your best, for all of the right reasons. Exercising makes me feel proud, accomplished, and hopeful that my kids will see this and also want to be as strong and healthy as adults. That they’ll look back someday and remember mom and dad in he back yard playing soccer with them on a September Saturday evening (like tonight). Do YOUR best, with YOUR circumstances, for YOUR perfect reasons.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the posts!! Keep it up! Have you heard about the Cinderella Solution? It sounds too good to be true, what do you think? I think you can check it out here http://bit.ly/2KmJDvL

    ReplyDelete