Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'm just SO excited!

Andy is downstairs as we speak finishing up the treadmill. Then we just gotta go out and buy a mat for underneath it (so it's not directly on the basement floor). And I've had cash in my wallet for several weeks that I am saving specifically for buying good treadmill-only running shoes which I will go do today. Tonight, I'm gonna ROCK IT on that treadmill.

Last night I got home from work at 8:45 pm. I had left for work at 5:40 am, so that was a long day. I was way too exhausted to exercise, but I did weigh myself and went down almost another .5 lb. I'm thisclose to changing my ticker again, and I have a feeling that once I start my treadmill routine, my numbers will do down a lot for a few days. At least, I hope. A great motivation is seeing numbers go down.

Now that I've been doing this for a good month, I can say that I am very proud of myself so far and hope to keep being successful. Knowing I have a long way to go can be discouraging at times...it's not like I have 10 or 20 lbs to lose...no, I had 77-80. At least. Once I meet that goal, I will re-evaluate. Because honestly, at that point I will be at a weight that I haven't been at since...I don't know. Ever? So I have no clue what I will look and feel like at that point, or what my BMI will be. Who knows, when all is said and done I might lose more around 90 lbs. I don't know if 100 lbs would be possible - that might make me too skinny. But again, I don't know.

I feel like I'm doing this in the healthiest, most sustainable way possible. I realize there are lots of diets out there, and programs. Some work for some people, some don't work...and it's all up to the individual as to what feels right. But to me, good ol' fashioned healthy eating combined with exercise is the best, by far. It might be the hardest (oh is it ever hard sometimes), but I feel like it is the healthiest. And cheapest too! No joining a program, no buying special stuff! Just eat better and get some exercise in. Even without the Wii Fit, or exercise videos, and treadmill which I realize are not possible for everyone to have....you can still find things to do. Go out for a walk. If it is cold, go to walk to the mall (a whole group of people do that every weekday morning - I've seen them). Use some cans to do weights. Do some crunches. Just DO something!

I not only want to just "lose weight' but I want to become healthy and fit. You can't get fit by just simply losing weight, you have to put in some hard work too. So I work long hours, keep the house clean, have 2 little kids, and still make sure exercising is one of my priorities. I say "no" to pizza and donuts we've been having at work. We barely eat out anymore (good for my waistline AND the wallet!!) I have become aware of what I put in my mouth. If I eat something "bad"...I tried to make up for it by eating very clean the rest of the day/pushing myself harder when I exercise.

It is hard. It is hard to say no to the delicious carb-alicious, sugar filled, fat packed crap. I mean, it's so bad but it's SOOO GOOD It is hard to make myself exercise sometimes. But it is getting easier, and it will be worth it.


"One must eat to live and not live to eat"
-Moliere

2 comments:

  1. you are right about diets. these "fad, dont eat this only eat this" BS diets are horrible for anyone (unless you're talking lifestyle change like going for the original diet God gave to man - complete vegan, which is nearly impossible for anyone who doesnt have a bazillion dollars and doesnt live in southern california)

    so yeah, being aware, exersize, healthy eating, thats the ticket. not a fad diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! The rule is basic -- in order to lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume! You are doing a great work and what an accomplishment in a month!

    ReplyDelete