Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm WHAT??

Pretty sure these two words were what came time to mind while I weighed in at 4:50 am this morning. "I'm WHAT?!"

Yes that's right. I'm 199.

28 POUNDS and counting. And do you know what? As this process goes one, I am coming to realize more and more that weight loss is a majority about diet, at least for me. Exercise plays a roll, yes. And it is good for you of course! I want to be healthy and fit, and definitely won't be giving up the exercise any time soon. However I notice that no matter how much I exercise, if I don't eat right I won't lose weight. Likewise...I can lighten up on the exercise and still lose weight as long as I'm eating smart. Not to say I don't eat crap now and then - as a matter of fact, Friday night was marked by whole grain tortilla chips and spinach dip. The chips may be whole grain (and delicious, let me tell you), but the salt! Oh my, the salt! The next morning the scale said I "gained" 2.2 lbs! Obviously that was mostly water weight, but it was still unnerving to see the +2.2 nonetheless.

But this morning! I weight in and it was -3.1! Now THAT is something nice to see! Granted, 2 of that was what I had "gained" on Friday night, but that still comes to a net loss of 1 lb.

And I would like to point out that I have not been this weight since I was pregnant with Kaitlyn probably 4.5 years ago at least. I gained a LOT in that pregnancy, and so everything that I just lost the last few months, could technically all be considered "baby weight". It only took 4+ years to lose...haha

1 comment:

  1. awesome job woman!!!! you are amazing and strong! :) and i agree with you; you can work your butt off but what you put in is more important than what you try to work off!

    ReplyDelete