Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Keep on truckin

Since the 5k almost 2 weeks ago, I have been having a bit of knee issue. Not with my right knee (the one I had issues with a couple of months ago) but my left one. It's not a pain like the one I had before, but it is annoying anyhow.

When I jumped on the treadmill 3 days ago for the first time since the 5k, I felt really great and I did 2 miles. Then I got on the treadmill yesterday - but barely made 3/4 of a mile, because my knee was bothering me. It wasn't a terrible pain, but it was enough to make me stop because the last thing I need is an injured knee. Today, my knee has been feeling good. I hadn't felt the pain at all so I jumped back on the treadmill for the 3rd day in a row - and this time, it felt good again! In fact I did my record 2 mile treadmill run, with a time of 23:20.

I am happy with that, especially considering that I slowed down to 3.8 for a little while and cranked up the incline, just to mix things up a bit. I even tried going 7 mph for the first time...I managed to do it for about a minute. I probably could have gone a bit longer, but I was mentally freaking myself out.

Anyhow...I will keep you posted on my weight loss progress...There is an important milestone coming soon...40 lbs. It is SO close yet SO far away....So let's cross our fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment