Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Fitness

Here is something I was just thinking about the other day that I thought I would share.

This journey, (as any else who has been on it knows) is HARD. It is a long process, it's a struggle sometimes, and it can be like a roller coaster. For me, it is hard to think that I started out at 227 lbs and "obese" (by Wii Fit standards anyhow). As of my last weigh in, I was 173 which is great compared to 227...but still "overweight". I have lost 54 pounds over 15 months and still, I am overweight. That is kind of hard to swallow! It took forever (you see some people lose like 100, 150 lbs in one year...WOW!) and I still have a little more to go. I am proud and happy about what I've done, but at the same time it's like....holy crap, will this ever end?

On the flip side of weight is actual FITNESS. And my fitness level has increased dramatically from the start to now. Heck, from any time in my life to now. I never, ever, ever imagining being a "runner". I am up to doing 5k's twice a week and a long run on weekends (last weekend was a 10k, or 6.2 miles) in preparation for a half marathon. Regardless of my overweight status, I am fairly fit.

Not only can I walk up stairs without breathing hard, I can run several miles. Without dying, even! And that by itself is a freaking miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment