Wednesday, May 30, 2012

One pound at a time....

So I went for a quick 5k on the treadmill last night to test out my foot, and it went well. There was still a little pain, but it was improved over last time. I actually described my pain to a friend who's mother is a kick ass Physical Therapist. She said it sounded more like tendonitis than a stress fracture, and suggested I try stretching my foot out really good. So I did, and it seemed to help, even just after doing it once or twice. I realize this was no substitute for going in person to see a doctor, but since her advice did seem to help, I am going to go with it for now and see how things go. I'm going to be a foot stretching machine. I would LOVE to get in 6 miles outside tomorrow night and then a 12 miler this weekend...Which would be my last long run of the training. Wow...

I had a rough day yesterday - my dad had a (minor) stroke. His symptoms were basically gone by last night, so that is good. But running was kind of nice to get my mind off of things. Now this morning I have woken up feeling kinda...bleh...in the stomach (probably nerves, as I have to wait all morning to hear from my mom about some more test results from yesterday), so hopefully I can maintain healthy eating today. It's the kind of day that could either result in me not eating at all, because I kind of have no appetite, or else saying screw it and completely gorging myself on junk then feeling terrible and gross afterwards. I need to find a happy medium. Lucky for me, we don't really have junk in my house. But still, we do have things that could be dangerous for a food junkie gone wild, for example my kid's breakfast cereal. I should be safe since I am working a 10 hour day today...Just have to say no to the typical temptations at work, like those damn pita chips.


LOVE THIS!

1 comment:

  1. why do your kids have food that "could be dangerous for a food junkie gone wild"?? shouldnt they be eating just as healthy as you are? i mean, oatmeal and malt o meal and cheerios and stuff are good breakfasts, and will help their tastes adjust to something GOOD for them....

    (this is based on the assumption that they have, like, lucky charms or some kind of "junk" cereal like that....) :P

    ReplyDelete