Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Food

I get asked sometimes, what sorts of things I eat. It's such a funny question with what should be obvious answers. I eat healthy. Veggies, fruit, lean proteins. 

But unfortunately food is a bit more complicated than that. I'm no nutritionist, so all I can offer is an honest picture of what I eat. And always remember, everyone is different - so my eating habits might do squat for somebody else. 

Let's back up for a minute though and I'll list some of my favorite guilty pleasures. Things that, as a whole, I ate too much of before with no physical activity to burn it off. Every piece of cake or pizza immediately headed for my stomach to have a fat-producing party. All that was missing was some sweet tunes and a commercial spot, Mucinex-style. 


Some of my favorites? Pizza. Pasta. Baked goods. Chips. Lots of junky, 
carb-y goodness.

And...what do I eat now? Well, I still eat some carb-y goodness from time to time. What good is it if you're too miserable from constantly depriving yourself to ENJOY life!  But most often, I eat things like roasted broccoli, other veggies, salads (Greek salad is my current obsession), pineapple, pear, apple and other fruits, fish, chicken, shrimp, turkey, brown rice, whole wheat tortillas, black beans, Greek yogurt, almonds. I am in love with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. And I even drink lots of water now, which I never really did before. 

So that's an example of some things I eat. I can't guarantee that eating those things will help you. Maybe, maybe not. Ultimately, you need to find what works for YOU. This may take time, patience, and experimenting - but it is totally worth the effort to know you are fueling effectively and appropriately. 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the list. I think the same, vegetables and fruits are great with lean protein. Dairy is good too. My fav food is pizza and I love junk food on the naughty list.

    ReplyDelete