Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy Monday!!

I had SUCH a great weekend, starting with awesome news on Friday afternoon.
Then, Friday evening, my best friend and her family arrived from 3+ hours away to stay the weekend. PLUS we finally got a beautiful new dining room table (it has 3 extra leaves which store inside the table when not in use, and 8 chairs total) and my friend and I put it to good use, gathering around it until the wee hours of the morning chatting and laughing. We had a fun weekend, including taking our families to the aquarium at the Mall of America. 





On Sunday, they headed home and I got the house cleaned up and did some homework, while hubby got our wood-burning fireplace going for the first time since we bought our house in August. Aaaah, nothing like the smell of a real wood-burning fireplace on a chilly night. 


To top it off, on Saturday I received my IR4 match, after being on the waiting list for 2 months. I can't wait to dedicate my miles to "M", an 8 year old boy with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, from here on out!!! (If you'd like to learn more about IR4, check it out at www.whoirun4.com).

As far as my weight goes, I was thrilled to weigh in this morning and find that I did not gain over the weekend. Holding steady at 4 lbs lost since starting operation lose 15. This is really something, since I didn't work out this weekend and did not eat the healthiest foods/drinks this weekend. Now it's Monday - back on track, including a planned workout tonight (with my miles run or walked in honor of my new IR4 buddy!!)

The week is sure to fly by and we've got another busy weekend ahead, with my parents coming from 4 hours away to stay with us, and having our early thanksgiving with them (since my mom works on Thanksgiving itself as well as the following weekend). 

No comments:

Post a Comment