Monday, April 3, 2017

Life happens...

And when it does, it can be a challenge to get back on track after falling off.

And I'll be honest...life happened to me. And I fell off track. Wait, no...more like I fell off, rolled down a hill, and landed traight in a pile of dog crap.  Maaaaybe I'm being dramatic but it's how I feel. I've barely run in months. I've gained more than I usually do over the winter. I'm hoping to lose about 20 lbs. My clothes are tight and I once again hate pictures of myself.

It feels shitty. It's complicated...in any case, Ive been struggling. But you know...life happened. Now I'm ready to fight my way back to where I was. Last week I was on (a desperately needed) vacation for 9 days. Now, it's time to get down to business.

First is to clean up my eating habits and start getting active again.
Then get back my running mileage...working up to 6 miles just for funsies.
And finally, my sights are set on Marathon #2 this fall.

High expectations? A fall marathon, after an epic fail of a winter? Maybe, but I've proven to myself many times before that I could do what I thought seemed impossible.

I've got this. I've run half marathons. I ran a 5k in 26 minutes. I ran my first marathon under black flag heat warnings. I lost 90 lbs. 

I've got this.





No comments:

Post a Comment