Monday, April 10, 2017

Maybe, probably.

There have been at least a few times over the last several months where I told myself I would get back on track - but didn't.  

I told myself I would get back on track after Christmas. That didn't happen.
I told myself I would get back on track after the peak of Minnesota cold weather. That didn't happen.
I told myself that I would get back on track prior to vacation.  That didn't happen.

I mean...even a trip to Mexico didn't motivate me to get back on track enough to at least lose a few winter poundages. So to say that I have been lacking...something...is an understatement.

However - I think I'm ready now. For real. Maybe. Probably. Here is why....

This past weekend, I was able to get out for a run with a friend.  It was my first actual run in nearly 4 months (yes, 4 months) and it was hard.  Like, really hard.  We did 3 miles (and then a short walk afterwards). That 3 miles included a couple of walk breaks.  My legs are sore like I just ran a half marathon.  I am so out of running shape.  It feels like a lifetime ago that I ran my first full marathon, but it was only 10 months ago!!!  How is that even possible?  Now, I feel like I'm starting from scratch. 

However... Getting back out there this weekend was just what I needed.  I had forgotten how I actually kind of miss that soreness after a good run that challenges your muscles.  I have been missing my running friends. I realized I physically felt so much better the whole weekend, just from getting in that run.  I didn't even bloat as much as I normally would on a weekend after eating weekend-y stuff.  All of that, plus recent conversations with my husband about the possibility of doing Marathon 2 this fall, and I am starting to feel (dare I say it) excited. 

If the Marathon thing is going to happen, I will know very soon.  I am looking at Twin Cities Marathon, and the price increases in 9 days.  I'm all about value so if I sign up, I will do it soon to save that $25. To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment