Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Weaknesses

Everybody has weaknesses. For us fatties and former fatties (hey, sounds harsh, but you know I try to be honest), often times our biggest weaknesses involve food. Here is a list of some of my weaknesses. I am all for things in moderation of course....but these are things that, for me, require an immense amount of willpower in order to NOT devour 5 servings of at once. The list is obviously not all-encompassing. I don't generally have a history of being picky about what kind of junky goodness I shove down my throat. Go figure....

1. Pizza
2. Pasta (especially creamy alfredo based dishes)
3. Bakery items (cupcakes, donuts, pastries etc)

Why can't my biggest weaknesses be salad? I do love salad, in fact you should have seen the massive salad I ate yesterday (with light dressing, used sparingly of course!) But I feel like no matter how much I change my life and get into a healthy eating routine, nothing will ever take away my love for pizza or pasta. Which really, is fine - the problem is more that once I start, I can't stop. I can't just eat a piece of pizza...I end up eating several. And feeling like crap afterwards, with a bloated stomach and guilt on my mind. I wish I could just be normal and eat a little, along with a great big salad, and feel satisfied! Unfortunately that is never going to be me, at least not without a constant struggle.

What are some of your weaknesses?





2 comments:

  1. Ice cream, ice cream, ice cream. I can't have it in the house or I'll eat it all.
    Granola bars- I have no idea why I want to eat all of the Quaker Chewy Granola Bars... but I do.
    Cool Ranch Doritos- there is not one other chip on the planet that causes this reaction from me. I'm not a salty craver, but if these things are within 20 paces, they're mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pizza, potato chips, sweet potato fries, whoppers, big macs- I was a big fast food junkie! Getting better about it though, I try to really watch my portions when I go out to eat.

    ReplyDelete